Friday, December 21, 2012

Things Overheard: Holiday Edition

Today is a true day of organized chaos.
School is doing Santa's Workshop where the kids are working on gifts for their parents -- jewelry, frames, scarves, etc.

This has created a very open ended day of fun for me and for the class -- with a wealth of silly things being said.


After making lots of gifts for her friends and family, one student came by:O: I had to wrap the gifts for my family so they don't know what I got them.
Me: Well that's very nice of you to make things for them
O: Yeah, but they ran out of scarves so I had to improvise..
Me: Sometimes that happens...
O: (walking away)... I hate improvising


J: Miss Brown, what do we do with the gifts we made?
Me: You can put them on your desk or in your locker...
J: What if it's for your teacher? Do you give it to them now or wait until everyone gets back?
Me: umm, I guess that's you're decision..
J: Ok! Here ya go -- Merry Christmas, Miss Brown!



As I opened a card from one student -- I was given a gift card.
Me: Oh, thank you for the gift card!
Student: How much is it for?!
Me:... that's kind of rude...

A group of boys has decided to play Twister in the corner while we wait for the rest to finish making gifts --
M: "I need to take my scarf off -- I'm about to get worked up!"


Also, my amazing kids covered my desk in gifts today -- they're the best.

As one shouted as I opened them: "We must really love you to buy you so much stuff!"

True True -- Happy Holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment